The International Day of Light is a global initiative highlighting to the citizens of the world the importance of light and light-based technologies in their lives, for their futures, and for the development of society. SPIE IDL Micro Grants will support local community events and activities that highlight the critical role that light plays in our daily lives.
SPIE IDL Micro Grants will not exceed $3,000 USD.
• SPIE IDL Micro Grants are available to SPIE Members only. Membership must be active through 31 May 2018.
• Grant application must highlight the critical role that light plays in our daily lives.
• Events or activities must take place during May 2018.
• Application must be completed and submitted by 4:00 pm (PST) 15 December 2017.
• Winners will be notified by 31 January 2018.
• A report to the Society on how the grant was used must be submitted by November 2018.
Only applications with events and activities highlighting the critical role that light plays in our daily lives and that are taking place during May 2018 will be submitted for consideration.
Incomplete applications or events and activities that are not taking place during May 2018 will not be submitted for consideration.
Have questions? Need more information? Email us at IDLinfo@spie.org.